Wearing gloves will protect your fingers and knuckles during a game of airsoft. However, choosing the best airsoft gloves from the hundreds of options available can be difficult. To help you make that choice, we ranked and reviewed 7 of the best airsoft gloves on the market.
If you’re in a hurry:
While airsoft is generally a safe activity, that’s only true if you’re wearing the necessary protection. That way you’ll protect yourself from pain or injuries. Because of this, gloves are an important piece of equipment in airsoft. They will protect you from getting hit in your knuckles or fingernails, which can be quite painful.
While even regular gloves are better than nothing, you should go with tactical gloves instead. These will give you better protection, they are lighter, offer a better grip, and also look better. In addition, gloves are useful in the cold, but also to protect you from scratching the hands in case you fall.
The choice of airsoft gloves on the market is quite large, with hundreds of options available. On one hand, the large number of airsoft gloves is a good thing, since it gives you a lot of options to choose from. But, it also makes it difficult to choose the best airsoft gloves. That’s why having a reliable guide is crucial.
And now, here are the best airsoft gloves on the market in 2023.
Best Airsoft Gloves in 2023
Best Airsoft Gloves Overall (and Best Mechanix Gloves for Airsoft)
Among many great gloves, we chose the Mechanix M-Pact Tactical Gloves as the best ones on the market. These are one of the most popular gloves for airsoft, and definitely for a good reason.
As already stated above, getting hit in the knuckles or fingernails can be quite painful. The Mechanix M-Pact Tactical Gloves feature impact-absorbing Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) on the fingers and knuckles. The TPR significantly reduces the impact of the BBs and protects you from potential pain and injuries better than any other pair.
At the same time, the TPR is flexible and won’t limit your movements at all. In addition, there’s a rubberized grip on the thumb and index finger which will allow you to have a better control over them. The gloves are made of TekDry fabric, which increases the comfort and keeps the hands dry and cool, even in hot weather. The back of the gloves is made of mesh fabric, which improves breathability too.
- Form-fitting TrekDry material with MultiCam camouflage helps keep hands cool and comfortable
- High impact PORON XRD palm padding absorbs shock and vibration
- Molded Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) knuckle and finger impact protection
- Rubberized grip on thumb and index finger for improved control and abrasion resistance
- Second-skin fit with a hook and loop closure
- Nylon cord loop for convenient glove storage
- Machine washable
You can find the Mechanix M-Pact Tactical Gloves in a variety of colors, including multicam, grey, and black-red. These gloves are manufactured by Mechanix, which is probably the go-to manufacturer when it comes to airsoft gloves. As you’ll see, most of the high-quality options on this list will be Mechanix gloves.
All things considered, the Mechanix M-Pact Tactical Gloves are very likely the best pair of airsoft gloves on the market. And they aren’t very expensive, especially given their quality (although there are many cheaper options).
Another Great Option
Another really good option are the Mechanix Original Tactical Gloves. Another pair of Mechanix gloves that you can’t go wrong with, these are great if you’re looking for an option cheaper than the Mechanix M-Pact Tactical Gloves.
The Mechanix Original Tactical Gloves also offer good protection to your fingers, although you’ll feel the impact of a BB more than with the M-Pact. Still, they are a great fit and they offer great dexterity. They’re pretty durable too, although that can be said for virtually all Mechanix gloves.
- Stretch Spandex material provides a comfortable fit
- Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) closure with hook and loop provides a secure fit
- Seamless single layer palm improves fit and dexterity
- Nylon cord loop provides convenient glove storage
- Machine washable
These gloves are made of synthetic leather and spandex. You can find them in a really wide variety of colors, including covert, black, blue, grey, multicam, and many others. They’re pretty thin, so your fingers can move freely, and you’ll be able to use your smartphone too.
In a nutshell, the Mechanix Original Tactical Gloves are a solid alternative to the M-Pact, if you’re looking for a cheaper option. They may not be as good as those, but they’re definitely worth the price.
A Premium Option
There’s one option that’s even more premium than the M-Pact, and that is the Mechanix Wear M-Pact 2 Gloves. Another pair with Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) on the fingers, these also offer great protection.
The Mechanix Wear M-Pact 2 Gloves are in many ways similar to the M-Pact. They’re made of simulated leather, TPR, spandex, among the other. Apart from the protection, these are extremely comfortable and durable.
- Flexible knuckle with high density
- EVA foam padding underneath
- TPR closure with hook and loop provides a secure fit
- TPR ribbing for impact and abrasion protection
- Reinforcement panel in high wear areas for increased durability
- Rubberized Grip panels provide excellent gripping power
- Anatomically designed reinforcement panels
- Extended length embossed neoprene cuff for added protection
All in all, the Mechanix Wear M-Pact 2 Gloves are one of the best choices when it comes to airsoft gloves. Still, there’s a reason why they’re not ranked higher, and that’s their price. They’re more expensive than the M-Pact, and frankly it’s debatable if the higher price is completely justified. It’s not that they’re not worth the price – they are, but given a choice between the M-Pact and the M-Pact 2, the M-Pact offers more value for money. Still, if money isn’t an issue, you can’t go wrong with the Mechanix Wear M-Pact 2.
Best Budget Airsoft Gloves
While all of the gloves listed above are great, the reality is that you may be looking for something much cheaper. And among the cheaper options, we chose the Matrix Full Finger Tactical Gloves as the best budget airsoft gloves on the market.
They’re manufactured by Matrix, a company known for producing airsoft equipment that’s on the cheaper side, but has a pretty solid quality at the same time. These gloves come with rubber armor on the back, which provides protection from BBs. They also come with mesh fabric, which improves the breathability.
- Full finger design allows for maximum protection and comfort
- Adjustable elastic strap with hook & loop band
- Rubber armor on backside
- Breathable mesh fabric
The Matrix Full Finger Tactical Gloves are pretty comfortable, lightweight, and they fit nicely. They’re also flexible and offer solid grip. And the best thing about them is their price, which is surprisingly low. Due to this, they’re one of the most popular gloves you’ll see on the field.
All things considered, the Matrix Full Finger Tactical Gloves are a solid choice if you’re looking for a cheap pair of gloves. While they may not offer the protection, dexterity, or comfort compared to the Mechanix gloves listed above, in their price bracket the Matrix gloves are probably the best choice.
Best Budget Half Finger Airsoft Gloves
All the gloves we discussed up until now were full finger gloves. The reason for this is simple – full finger gloves offer the best protection. Still, you may prefer half finger gloves. If that’s the case, a great budget option are the Matrix Half Finger Tactical Gloves.
Manufactured by the same company as the item listed above, they share many similarities. Both are solid options, that are pretty cheap at the same time. The main difference is that one option doesn’t cover the fingertips.
- Comfortable Half-Finger Design Allows for Maximum Dexterity
- Adjustable Elastic Strap with Velcro Band
- Leatherette Palm
- Rubber Armor on Back Side
- Breathable Mesh Fabric
Although we generally recommend full finger gloves, half fingers have some advantages too. Most importantly, your fingertips are free, and you have better control over them. You’re free to easily use your smartphone too. Also, half finger gloves are generally cheaper. On the other hand, they don’t offer the same level of protection, and getting hit in the fingernail is pretty painful.
All in all, if you decide to go with half finger gloves, the Matrix Half Finger Tactical Gloves are an okay budget option.
And if you’re looking to combine the protection of the full finger gloves with the freedom of half finger gloves, there’s one compromise you can make. You can get full finger gloves, and cut the part that covers the fingertips from the inside. That way, your fingertips will be free, while from the back your whole hand will be protected.
Another Budget Option
- Lightweight, low profile design provides industry leading protection and grip without unnecessary bulk
- Covert colorway does away with bright or noticeable branding
- Subtle EMG branding across the knuckles
- FastFit design eliminates hook and loop tabs, just pull on and go
- Breathable TrekDry form fits the hand
- Anatomically designed two-piece palm eliminates material bunching
- Abrasion resistant synthetic leather palm
Another Premium Option
- Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) impact protection meets EN 13594 impact standard
- Tapered Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) pinch-point fingertip protection
- Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) closure creates a secure fit to your wrist
- Breathable TrekDry keeps your hands cool and comfortable
- Polyester thumb sweat wipe
- Removable trigger finger seams eliminate material fray
- 0.5mm AX-Suede delivers precision feel and touchscreen capability
- Nylon carrier loops for storage
With hundreds of airsoft gloves out there, it’s difficult to distinguish the quality from the junk. In this article, we discussed the 7 best airsoft gloves currently on the market. Some of the best of the best are the:
- Mechanix M-Pact Tactical Gloves – Best Airsoft Gloves Overall and Best Mechanix Gloves for Airsoft
- Mechanix Original Tactical Gloves – Another Great Option
- Mechanix Wear M-Pact 2 Gloves – A premium option
- Matrix Full Finger Tactical Gloves – Best Budget Airsoft Gloves
- Matrix Half Finger Tactical Gloves – Best Budget Half Finger Airsoft Gloves
Although there are many options on this list, you really can’t go wrong with any of these picks.
What kind of gloves are best for airsoft?
The best gloves for airsoft are full finger gloves that protect your fingers and knuckles from BBs, that are comfortable, breathable, and fit nicely. Very likely the best gloves for airsoft are the Mechanix M-Pact Tactical Gloves.
Are fingerless gloves better for airsoft?
Fingerless gloves are generally NOT better for airsoft compared to full finger gloves. The reason for this is because fingerless gloves don’t offer the same level of protection that full finger gloves do. Still, fingerless gloves have certain advantages, such as freeing your fingertips and being cheaper than full finger gloves.
Affiliate disclaimer: Airsoft Freaks is reader supported. If you buy some of the products on this list through our links, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.